Employment Opportunities at Data Life
Located in suburban Verona, New Jersey Data Life has provided actuarial services and custom software solutions to the life insurance industry since 1963. We are a small firm where each employee is encouraged to grow to their highest potential. Our software development environment is based on Windows NT and Windows 95 and our programs are written in Visual Basic, C, Basic, Fortran, and Cobol. Data Life is proud to offer a smoke-free workplace and is an equal-opportunity employer.
Currently, we have the following positions available. If you would like to explore employment with us, please send your resume via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org (indicate the position you are applying for in your subject line). All positions are full time and on site. No agencies, please.
- VB Programmers with two or more years experience in Visual Basic 4.0 or 5.0, VB Script, and MS Access. Experience with SQL Server, relational databases, and client / server systems is a strong plus. Familiarity with the Internet and an insurance background is desired. This is not an entry-level position.
- C++/C Programmer with two or more years experience. MFC experience required. Familiarity with Solaris system administration, Sybase 11, MS SQL Server on the Sun Solaris platform in an n-tier client/server environment a plus.
Life Insurance Specialists
- Business Analyst will have knowledge of life insurance systems, strong analytical ability and knowledge of databases. Design management reports, re-engineer work flows of insurance agency operations, develop detailed requirements for data conversions from both mainframe life insurance administrative systems and agency PC-based systems to a client-server internet based system. Duties will include the following:
- Assist in the implementation of a new client with specific responsibility for data conversion and reports.
- Review the available data, map the clients data to Lifeweb data structure and produce any required analysis required for data conversion.
Assist the Team Leader in performing any workflow or procedure analysis for client to convert to Lifeweb.
- Provide testing and quality assurance for the converted data.
- Commissions Analyst with in-depth experience in agent commissions for an agency or home office. Multi-carrier experience a plus.
- Licensing Specialist experienced in state licensing and carrier contracting. Knowledge of variable licensing and registration a plus.
- Help Desk candidate must be knowledgeable of Windows 95, how to connect to and get around on the Internet with and Microsoft's Internet Explorer 3.0 browser. Able to assist solving the various problems our users encounter. Excellent troubleshooting, analytical, and communication skills required. Will be responsible for providing technical phone support to customers and solving 1st level user problems. Minimum 1-year experience in a technical support position. Networking skills and knowledge of life insurance a plus.
Return to the main Data Life page